Our client is a Germany-based company that offers goods for house decorating (furniture, accessories, porcelain, tables, chairs, accessories for light, candlesticks, etc.). We have already worked with this client before on two of our projects.
This time our client wanted us to create an online shop that offers furniture and interior accessories and will operate in different countries (Germany, the Netherlands, France, and Belgium). Our client wanted to use this online store to sell various products for the design and interior design of houses, apartments, and gardens.
In addition, the client wanted to create custom features for migrated Magento 2 store with updated design and functionality based on Hyvä Themes.
Our client’s eCommerce website provides its visitors with a vast variety of products. This project required us to deal with a large number of product configurations. This factor greatly complicates the process. Therefore, our team had to make a lot of efforts to complete this task in order to achieve the results that the client expected from us.
What we did
The client came to us with several requests. To implement this project, we did the following:
1. Conducted the migration of customers, categories, products, static pages, reviews, and wishlists from Magento 1.
2. Used the Hyvä theme in the development process for maximizing the performance of a website.
3. Used GraphQL to let website visitors filter and sort products in a catalog.
4. Carried out the optimization of obtaining prices of products in the catalog.
5. Added automatic calculation of shipping costs on the product page.
6. Created a feature for displaying a list of subcategories in the main categories in the form of an alphabetical index.
7. Implemented link customization for categories and products using the brand name.
8. Added Cache Warmer for Categories, Static Pages, and Products.
9. Created automatic category tree generation with products by brand, designer, sale items, and new products.
10. Developed functionality for Google Tag Manager.
11. Integrated the Miles & More service to earn miles or purchase items with miles using the Miles & More API.
12. Added custom shipping methods using prices depending on different conditions: Volume, product country, product groups.
13. Developed a module that sends mailings to admins if the site has experienced failures during import, and export, to the Miles & More API.
14. Implemented Ajax catalog layered navigation.